A Starter Home
Although our original plan was to construct a building from scratch on our original 24-acre parcel (purchased in 2006), a new and more immediate plan has unfolded around us. In September of 2009 we signed a purchase agreement with the Knights of Columbus in Streetsboro, just a stone’s throw from our wooded property. The Knights have gone out of their way to make it affordable for us to convert their hall into a small but functional church building with lots of great features! This allows us to occupy our church home now instead of years from now. We believe our need for a building and their need to move out of a building was more than a coincidence. Having fully remodeled it, it now works very well as a starter church building.
Here’s some of the nice features of our building and grounds.
- 21 acres (3.5 wooded)
- 2 buildings (5600 sq. ft. assembly hall + 1600 sq. ft. 3 season pavilion)
- Kitchen with a fridge, stove, ice machine, serving counters, storage cabinets
- Tables and Chairs for 200
- Tractor and Mowing Deck
- 2 car garage/storage area
- Volleyball area with horseshoe pits and outdoor grills
- Softball field with backstop, outfield fence, and bleachers.
- Large gravel parking areas
- Beautiful setting across from Boulder Creek
How Do We All Fit?
You might wonder if there’s enough room for us. Well, while there’s ample green space outside, the space under roof is cozy. We have developed floor plans that allow us to do our normal minstries with a little creative shifting. We utilize every square foot and have room for about 200 in worship. Since there is no extra space for offices, the staff will continue to work flexibly from home and on the go. But even so we enjoy having a place to park and meet without being a guest.